Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Turkey Day, Opening and Errant Jason Campbell passes







So, a few things to catch up. We had a vegetarian thanksgiving – with the exception of the giant turkey that Matt Callahan brought, and his potatoes – apparently it’s his people’s thing (the potatoes, not the turkey), and he could have veggie hands all over it. We had over the guest artists from out of town, and our delightfully sassy Lighting Designer Deb Sullivan. I heart Deb Sullivan. My wife was the lead Turkey Day lady (even though she doesn't actually eat turkey), and we all owe it to her. Huzzah wife huzzah.

The next day was opening – which was a true delight. I couldn’t be prouder of the show – a few of the veterans and staff members pulled me aside to tell me it was their favorite Christmas Carol since they got here. Which was sweet. And then they bough me drinks – which was sweeter. But really, the show is what it is because we have such a cracker-jack team working on the show – and such amazing actors from the company – Bill McNulty and Fred Major are my new dream actors. In fact, I’m trying to create some kind of puppet show with Fred Major as the disgruntled neighbor. Seriously, I’ve spent time on this. Pablo got me a giant amount of gum. A GIANT amount of gum. I may have a problem.

Then the next day I flew to Tampa, so that my dad and I could watch the Redskins throw an interception at the end of the game to lose it. Oh, Redskins. You sorta loveable over-priced loser. I loves ya.

The fascinating part of hanging out with my parents, playing some cards, and having a few drinks - is the true nature of the name Daniels. Rumor has it, that's not actually our real last name - it's Edwards, but my great great grandfather was in a bar fight in Ireland, and thought he killed a man, so he fled to America and changed his name to Daniels to hide from police. Luckliy the man didn't die, but the name was set. Why did it take 34 years to hear this story? That's awesome.

Now, I’m in Tallahassee, Fl returning a favor to the Dean of the School of Theatre, doing some teaching, having drinks with my friend Dan Dietz who now teaches here, and then flying home.

It’s so strange – when I was here, I was a total punk, and now I’m pumping out advice and sitting in the Dean’s office (but not because I was underage drinking?!?). Still, it’s nice to be here, but tomorrow morning I’m off, flying back for a Humana Production meetings, and then on to New York to see a gabillion shows, and a do a little casting. No rest, wicked, you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home