Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Ali Faughnan Meets Santa


Observations on Tuesday:

- There was a note in the Santa land performance report that our pre-show Santa was running out of gifts during the pre-show. I’m glad my artistic tenure is marked by such notes.
- 2 shows down, 3 to go on the season (more on that later). I feel like it’s Stage 21 of the Tour De France. If our run-thru goes well on Thursday, I may start wearing a yellow jacket.
- Had lunch today with our delightful costumer Lorraine to try to find a way to let her design respond to the new direction we’re taking Carol in. Then I had a meeting with Masterson about my meeting with Lorraine in order to see if we let her design respond to the new direction the play is going in. We decided to meet tomorrow morning with the Production Manager to see if we can squeeze money from a turnip, so that we can let her design respond to the new direction the play. You can tell I’ve been here for 6 months – 3 meetings feels like we’re moving quickly!
- In honor of Santaland’s success – I found this picture of Ali Faughnan – I was there when he was born, not literally in the room, but I sat with his mom all day long and then went into the other room when it actually “happened”. It was Easter, so I’ve always thought he’d grow up to be the Anti-Christ. I guess that could still happen. After Liz birthed Ali, I suddenly realized how hard it is to birth a child – I know that sounds stupid, but unless you’ve heard someone go thru it (Liz made sounds of pain I didn’t know humans could make), it just doesn’t seem as real as it needs to. My roommate at the time, Lucky Yates, and I were both so moved by the birth that we went home and spent an hour calling our moms to thank them for birthing us. So, this is Ali’s first picture with Santa. Pretty perfect once you know the show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home