Thursday, November 01, 2007

Night-caps


So, I’m knee deep in rehearsing two shows at the same time.

Usually when I’m in rehearsal I tend to drink a fair amount, well, perhaps when I’m not in rehearsals I tend to drink a fair amount, but when I’m actually rehearsing, I need “a little help from my friends” to fall asleep.

Now that I’m directing two shows (today I literally ran from one room to another leaving one cast in the hands of my music director while the other one sat around wondering where I was – I received a very gentle txt from my stage manager…) I seem to not be able to sleep at all – but when I do…I have the most vivid dreams of my life. I don’t know if it’s because my brain is working overtime, but these are some epic colorful dreams.

Two nights ago, Brian Lillienthal and Matt Callahan came and saw the show and gave me their notes afterwards. That night I dreamt of the end of the world. The next morning I decided that I was sign I probably shouldn’t take any of their notes. I don’t want that on my conscious.

Our first preview was great, nice to finally have people there – and the people LOVED it, and Oli was a real pro at knowing how to ride the audience. And we got, which I guess we’ll get a lot, in the way of SERIOUS David Sedaris fans who already knew the show, and would laugh at the beginning of jokes – since they already knew where it’s going. Our pre-show Santa continues to be genius; They jumped to their feet at the end. And not just to leave….so here’s to seeing how night two goes. And perhaps after a cocktail or two, or an opening or two, I’ll finally get some sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home