Friday, December 14, 2007

Old-Fashioned Charm


Last night I met with my intern, Dav Yendler, a nice russian boy who was recommended to me by Adam Greenfield – who said “if he doesn’t work out for you, I’ll buy you a bottle of tequila”. That may be the greatest recommendation I’ve ever heard, so I took him. Last night we met and chatted about “the first semester” and had a few drinks (read: 6). At the end of the evening, I was heading home, as I am old – and he, Jessica, and Chris S. decided that they were going to have an adventure and drive, perhaps to Cincinnati, perhaps just 30 minutes and turn around. As I got home, I got a call from them, saying there were at a Wendy’s in some random town in Kentucky, and did I want anything. I joked that I wanted a small frosty, and then went to bed, not thinking about it.

When I left this morning to come to rehearsal, there was a small frosty sitting in front of my door.

Luckily it’s Kentucky in the winter, so it was still intact.

Charming these children are. Charming.

1 Comments:

Blogger jessicahowell said...

sean,

when do you want that bottle of tequila?

-adam

ps- joke. but if this thing with dav doesn't work out you should buy him and jessica a new car. for some reason. with totally kicking spoilers. and 7 cup holders- deep ones. and if the sun visors don't have little light up mirrors in them then the bet's off.

the terms have been set. meet at high noon by the boat house- or under the interstate- one of the two. come alone. or bring francois, he's cool.

solo mio ole!

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home