Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Last Night Louisville Showed Up


So, I don’t want to talk about it too much – for fear of jinxing it from ever happening again – but last night was pretty amazing. No one walked – and we got a full standing ovation at the end. The audience was about 90 percent older subscribers and 10 percent young tattooed girls – who by the way, one of them asked our guitar player if he would autograph her chest before the show – BEFORE the show. Let’s see if Masterson can pull off a chest signing before his first preview of TEMPEST. I kid, I kid – she may have been insane. Either way we gave her Lillienthal’s ticket for opening night. She knew every word of the show and danced in the aisles – you can always use more of that.

And the older people? They loved it – they totally showed up and rocked out – one gentleman was tapping his cane to the music, and another group was weeping openly at the end. It made me realize that perhaps I’m a bit of an ageist about who this show is for – or perhaps I’m just ignoring the fact that if you’re an apprentice – I look like one of the older people! Oh crap.

(There was a betting pool in the Apprentice about how old all the “older cast members” were – somehow they thought I was 29 – ah, flattery children).

Though there was one minor injury – as anyone who has been in a bar or rehearsal with me – you know that I am a terrible chewer – I chew whenever I’m nervous – and last night something went askew in the show, and I bit right into my tongue. Hard. Hard enough for blood to begin coming out of my mouth. I held it together till after the show and then Lorraine got me an ice pack. Now that’s quick costume design for you.

Attached is a picture of the mustache brigade – this Friday, John Flansburg of THEY MIGHT BE GIANT will be declaring the winner – I think everyone has money on Dan – but we’ll see. Bing’s small man big mustache look may be a dark horse.

Now, one more rehearsal, and then opening – hopefully I don’t bite my arm or anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home