Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Most. Awkward. Ever.


So, I may have had one of the most awkward moments of my life two days ago – which for me is pretty awkward.

I had a doctor’s appointment to get my annual “man work” taken care of. And of course, I always get really nervous when I have to change in the dressing room while the doctors away, as I fear them returning too soon (Emily Ruddock suggested I keep one foot on the door, I hadn’t thought of that), so as soon as they say “I’ll be right back”, I race to get everything on or off.

So, on Tuesday, I took off my shirt and zip-up jacket at the same time, and at the end of it, I put them on at the same time. Then I chatted with the doctor for a few moments…and reached down and felt something that felt like a giant cravat on my neck – I was wearing my shirt backwards and my doctor hadn’t commented on it, and she can’t just think this is a style choice, as she saw me come in. To make things even worse, I didn’t comment on it, I just waited until she was writing things down, and quickly tried to turn my shirt around – she was kind enough to keep writing the whole time. I quickly tried to wrap up the rest of the conversation and go home. Oh god.

Awkward.

2 Comments:

Blogger SAREVIEW said...

Nice. I dread the future.

10:35 AM  
Blogger Michele L. said...

Aaaawwwwwkward Turtle, we miss you around here in the bay area. My students at the big bad U.C.D. have adopted all manner of awkward critters. (Not to mention Pop!& Ya!/Nein! I can't stop 'em.)
Say...I'm still in Oakland, just where is that great chicken sandwich?

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home