Monday, October 30, 2006

I'm old

At the University of Rochester they have something called "The Drama House" - it's like a fraternity, but for theater people - a good chunk of the theater kids live together and put on a one-act festival. I can only imagine that the whole semester is sex and tears - probably in that order.

When coming up here for the show, set designer Dan Meeker asked to be housed there - no go.

On Saturday, I went to the closing night party of Lower Depths and their Halloween party - I think I was dressed as someone who thought they were in their 20's - I was warned about this by my cast - but apparently the big thing to sing at parties is Bon Jovi's "Living on a Prayer". And yes, about an hour into it - the song came on and everyone went crazy - I couldn't understand why everyone LOVED this song - and then I remembered - in college, we used to love sing 70's song - because they were silly and way before our time - and that's what this was - they were all singing in IRONICALLY - and then I realized that I remembered when it wasn't an ironic song, when "Slippery When Wet" was the coolest album on the planet, and Richie Sambora's hair was suppossed to look that way.

I quickly left - found the Geva improv kids and drank in a bar - I met some nice people who were in the thirties - it was very charming - none of those god damn young kids and their rock and/or roll.

1 Comments:

Blogger Overdroid said...

Those meddling kids and their dog are always ruining my attempts to scare everyone away from my hidden treasure by pretending to be a ghost/monster/alien. Curse them! Pass me some of that orange fiber drink over by my walker.

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home