Friday, May 26, 2006

Tech Day One


First day of tech, and yes, I already have a sunburn - oh, my irish skin, it just wants me to be in dark places (like bars, or places that have the same lighting as bars). Crisis number one arrived about 2 PM - the set was built a tiny bit smaller than it had been designed, therefore our large Falstaff wouldn't fit through any of the internal doors. So, we huddled, pondered and then our brave build team got out their tools and shaved two feet off the back of the set. Crisis averted. The set is wonderfuly, the costumes are beautiful, the sound is phenomenal, and Max Moore didn't break a single puppet - what more could you want out of a day. We got through Act One - which was rather impressive (considering there is a little under 400 sound cues in the show). And at one point, I actually laughed so hard that I fell backwards out of my seat - yep, smooth with a capital smooth. Off to sleep for a bit and find better sunscreen for tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home