Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Right now, let fatty go first




So, my kids show in Rochester opened...at 9:45 in the morning, to a
packed house of kindergarten kids...who oddly seemed like the audience
I've been waiting for my whole life.

It was a truly inspiring experience, I'd never done children's
theater before, and now I think I'm totally hooked on it. I loooooved
it. It was also great, because the majority of the design team were
my old designers from Dad's Garage, just now getting to do their
designs with bigger budgets behind them. I couldn't have been prouder
of all of them, and they definitely re-inspired and reminded me why I
wanted to get into any of this in the first place.

At a talk back afterwards when asked what they thought the show was
about, one kids responded "the show was about that everyone loved the
show" now that's the kind of review I need to get more often.

Afterwards, the cast and design team went to breakfast, and then Dave
Keeton & I went to the airport to sit in the airport bar, drink
bloody mary's and catch up until our flights to the west coast left.

There's too much to go into that made the trip and the production
such a wonderful experience, but perhaps that in itself was what was
so great about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home