Sunday, January 15, 2006

Daniel my brother, you are older than me


Am up in New York City seeing some shows, attending some production meetings for my upcoming show, and having expensive drinks in trendy bars.

One of the highlights (more to come): My old college roommate Dan Bakkedahl is the new correspondent for the Daily Show, so he invited me to their studios on Thursday. I got to hang out with him and Ed Helms in Dan’s office for a chunk of time before heading down to see the Thursday taping.

The actual taping of the show is a rather impressive theatrical event: a fantastic pre-show, lots of being warmed up, great music, and then Jon Stewart coming out and chatting with the audience for a good bit before the show starts (always sneaking in a “inside joke” into the show for the studio audience). You leave the taping feeling like you’ve attended an event…which in my mind is what every night of live entertainment should be. It was funny, inspirational and short...which in my mind is always what every night of live entertainment should be.

Now tomorrow my friend Miles (who I stay with when I come to NYC) goes in for his final interview about becoming a producer for the Daily Show…can Daily Show magic strike my people twice?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home