Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Anthology: The Beginning

Last week we had our Anthology playwrights in town. And, I would say this even if didn’t know that Peter read this blog, that it was truly one of the more delightful workshop weekends I have ever been a part of.

Perhaps it was subconscious, but in choosing the playwright, I really pushed for people that had come up doing small theater.

Scrappy, collaborative theater. The kind I like. And the mix worked brilliantly. Greg Kotis and Kristopher Diaz worked together to create a 10 minute musical about cologne and rejection – Peter Nachtrieb and Deborah Stein are working on a dream ballet - what more could a director want?

In my hopes to create an ensemble of writers to write for our ensemble of actors and create an actor-driven piece of theater, I couldn’t be happier – I feel like we’re not only make a piece of theater, we have the potential to make a really strong piece of theater.

And I know I get accused of being excitable – but I can’t actually remember a time that I was so excited about the three shows I have coming up. If my excitement was dollars, this economy would be fine. Until I had a few too many drinks, got sick and then the bubble burst. Oh, wait, maybe my excitement is the economy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I love this blog!

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home