Tuesday, April 18, 2006

THE PUPPETS ARE HERE!






So, the puppets arrived today – in large boxes with “PUPPET” marked on the outside of each of them. I have been worrying all week about what would happen if they were destroyed, and lo and behold, not a single one of them was scratched. And they look beautiful!

The rig to make Master Ford blow smoke out of his ears arrived with them, so I called and told Anthony Fusco that he would in fact be having smoke come out of his ears. He laughed out loud and exclaimed “I think I just learned everything I need to about what my preparation needs to be”. True.

So, on other ends we are trying to get the show under budget. Set wise, this has meant making cuts. As soon as we have pictures of the set model I’ll throw them up, but we started out with the idea that part of the set would transform into a Dr. Caligari-esque dark dungeon – but as it goes, we just couldn’t figure out how to make it affordable, so as of this morning, it’s out – such is the way of the budgeting, So long Dr. Caligari-esque dungeon, we hardly knew you.

I meet on Friday with our costume designer to find out what we need to do to get our costumes under budget. And then….

Two weeks from tomorrow we begin.

1 Comments:

Blogger maryk said...

They look awesome, Sean! I had been hearing some stuff from Chris B. about them. And Spencer is so excited. Didn't know Googie was coming out for this, too, though.
Break legs.

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home